THE BEST EXFOLIATOR YET.
So after Venice, I seem to of not been able to get back into my full skincare routine. I have still been in serious holiday mode and I’ve been being rather lazy. My skin has been looking very dull and feeling rather rough, I realised it was because I wasn’t always incorporating a decent exfoliator into my skincare routine. I’d use a product maybe once a month?. Usually, I find most exfoliators quite irritating for the skin, I used to use the St Ives Apricot Scrub when I was younger and that just didn’t work for me at all, it would break me out instantly and it feels like sandpaper on the skin! The only regular exfoliation method I have been doing is using a flannel when removing makeup/cleansing my skin. Since then though, I’ve found a little gem that I think I’ll be using for a long time.
Elemis has been producing beauty products for over 25 years, founded in 1990. Elemis has grown to be a leading luxury British spa and skincare brand. They produce exquisite products for professional or home use and best of all they don’t test on animals or sell in mainland China! Completely cruelty-free.
How much is it?
- £28.50 in most retailers. However, online I have saw some for cheaper. I bought mine from Debenhams. I know it’s a little pricey, but you get what you pay for with quality skincare!
How is it used?
- Use a pea sized amount, you really don’t need much.
- Use twice a week to get rid of the dead skin cells so we can generate some fresh, new ones.
- Massage in gentle circular motions, work it into those areas that need a little extra scrub such as the tzone!
- Remove using warm water, I tend to wipe mine off with a hot flannel.
Who can use it?
- Anyone. This a gentle exfoliator! I can’t stress enough how important it is to incorporate an exfoliator into your skincare regime! Once you do you’ll feel the difference and makeup will apply like a dream.
- Water (Aqua), Diatomaceous Earth (Solum Diatomeae), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / (Cera Carnauba), Fragrance (Parfum), Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Laurus Nobilis Leaf Extract, Ethoxydiglycol, Ceteareth-20, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Citronellol.
‘Uncover your beautiful self beneath a layer of tired skin cells. Beneath fatigued skin is a brighter, more radiant and youthful looking complexion. ELEMIS Skin Buff contains tiny and effective granules that work to deep cleanse your face, sloughing away dead skin cells and nourishing your skin with the calming properties of Chamomile, Bilberry and Hops. Bilberry is rich in antioxidants and vitamins to help the skin maintain its natural moisture barrier, while Hops have soothing and clarifying benefits. Another key ingredient in this powerful skin buff exfoliator is Phytoplankton, ocean organisms with numerous skin-enhancing benefits. The base of ELEMIS Skin Buff is a combination of Shea Butter and Beeswax, which helps smooth and soften the skin.’
Elemis Skin buff is incredibly gentle on the skin, after the first use I noticed a difference instantly. My skin was glowing and SO soft. Even now my skin has been feeling great 5 days since my last use! The scent is very spa like and has quite a runny consistency. I find that it comes out verrrry quick and you only need a small amount so give it a light amount of pressure when squeezing the product out! It’s now incorporated into my skincare all the time now and I think it’ll be staying. Try it out and let me know how you get on!