THE ULTIMATE BEAUTY SLEEP OIL
I have slowly started discovering this brand and I’m quickly becoming in love with it. I had been reading constant reviews on how amazing this product was so decided to bite the bullet and treat myself to a bottle of the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. (At my boyfriend’s displeasure as he had secretly bought me the 50ml bottle for Christmas). Over the past few months, I have been incorporating this into my nightly skincare regime, the results I have had are INCREDIBLE. Although I have been lucky to have mostly clear skin other than the occasional breakout, it can be quite dehydrated, dull and lack that radiant youthful glow. My skin tends to change as the weather does, the majority of the time I’d say I have combination skin. Oily on the tzone and flakey around my nose and forehead. I have never been afraid of placing oils on my face as I believe oils on oily skin can be a godsend and for me personally, oils balance my skin well.
Kiehl’s Apocatherapy has been in the skincare game since 1851, I think from being around that long you can tell it’s going to be a decent brand. Kiehl’s skincare is scientifically formulated to hydrate, restore and strengthen your skin. The Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate ranges between prices of £38 for the 30ml bottle and £49.50 for 50ml. This is an evening facial oil that restores your skin’s appearance by morning.
This lightweight, readily absorbed elixir effectively restores skin’s healthy appearance overnight resulting in smoother, more radiant complexion by morning. These natural oils instantly penetrate the skin surface to help replenish it. Our recovery concentrate works at night when skin is most receptive to repairing itself from daily aggressors. With skin hydrated supple and soft, rest assured you can say goodnight to tired-looking skin.
How to use:
- Massage 2 – 3 drops into freshly cleansed and toned skin
- Gently use patting/pressing motions pushing it into the cheeks, forehead, chin to evenly distribute before gently massaging it into the skin
- Wear alone or under a moisturiser, if you need some extra moisture
The thing I love about this product is it has so many multi purposes, with being a natural oil containing pure essential oils this can be used mixed with a moisturiser for dry skin on elbows/knees, as a hand oil or you can even add it to your bath for a fresh lavender scent! Who doesn’t love a product you can use multiple ways?!
- Evening Primrose Oil – Evening Primrose Oil is an effective on skin barrier repair and boosting radiance.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender Essential Oil helps soothe inflamed or irritated skin while helping reduce skin blotchiness for a more even look. Creates a brighter and more radiant look to the skin.
- Squalane (Perhydrosqualene or perhydrosqualene vegetal) – A signature Kiehl’s ingredient, Squalane is a botanical lipid that is similar in molecular structure to natural skin lipids. It has an exceptional affinity to skin, and because it’s easily absorbed, Squalane helps restore skin’s natural moisture balance to keep it extra soft and supple.
This oil is clear in colour and has a botanical scent to it, like lavender. However, it isn’t overpowering like some facial products can be. It is easily dispensed using the push-button dropper and has a watery consistency. Although it advises 2-3 drops I do tend to use about 5 as I like my face, neck and décolletage to feel saturated.
After trialling this religiously for 5 months this is something you MUST incorporate into your nightly skincare regime. Spending that little bit of extra time on your skincare before your beauty sleep and giving your skin nourishment while you sleep is one of the key factors to helping your skin. I tend to use this without a moisturiser but I do use a serum before putting this on. I have loved using this on my skin, I wake up with glowing plump bouncy skin. Of course, this is an ongoing process and the full benefits aren’t going to happen overnight, on the other hand, the first time I used this when I woke up I was in awe at how fabulous my skin looked. Even after my skincare routine in the morning, I can still see the effects that this product brings to your face. This is now a HOLY GRAIL product which I can’t help but praise and preach about to anyone who asks me about what I use on my skin.